Turmeric Tea; first attempt!

After reading about how good turmeric is for you – I decided to give marking a tea a go.
I looked up some recipes on line and made my own up from what I had read. A lot of the recipes included ginger and I really don’t like ginger – they included some other ingredients that I also don’t like. So; below is my concoction of turmeric tea…
Ingredients:
  • 2 teaspoons of turmeric
  • 1teaspoon cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
  • Peppercorns
  • 1 lemon
  • Agave (instead of honey – but honey would work)


Method:
  • Started off filling up two mugs with water (to know the right amount) and put it into a saucepan – brought the water to a boil
  • Added in the turmeric, cinnamon, peppercorns and salt
  • Stirred it all in and let it boil (for 10-15mins)
  • Put the juice from 1 lemon into a mixing jug and added in 1 tablespoon of agave
  • Once the tea had boiled for the 10-15mins I added it into the mixing jug and gave it a good stir.
  • Put the tea into a mug and tried my first sip!!


Verdict:
Overall it actually didn’t taste toooo bad. The turmeric and cinnamon complemented one another and the peppercorns are meant to help the digestion of turmeric into the body (mentioned in the “Turmeric and Psoriasis” article). I think I personally put a bit too much lemon into the mixture as it did taste quite bitter and dry – a little bit like how lemon water taste if you put too much lemon in – and did leave a dry mouth feel. I couldn’t really taste the agave or any sweetness from it so if you do have a sweet-tooth then I would suggest adding more in.
When I got to the end of the mug, there were a lot of “bits” at the bottom – either from where the ground turmeric and cinnamon hadn’t mixed properly or lemon bits. Next time I will definitely look at pouring the tea through a strainer to get rid of those parts as it is not the nicest end to a cuppa.
I didn’t feel nauseous or sick from the mixture at all – which I am glad about! I was worried that it might have been rather “heavy” for my stomach or end up making me feel unwell as I had never had it before. It didn’t though!!
I have left half of the mixture to try cold a bit later on. It might be nice as an alternative to iced-tea.
I think I will be trying this again for sure, but I may tweak a few of the ingredients to try and improve the taste a little.
Have you ever tried turmeric tea? Let me know your recipes below…


Popular posts from this blog

Epaderm Ointment; Product Review

Bio-Oil

Aveeno Cream; Product Review